Monday, July 03, 2006

BAYA Sweep


After Race (t-shirt) Photo
Originally uploaded by TreeBed.

It is official... BAYA swept the top two spots at the "highly competitive" Angel Island trail run. It was a hard fought battle in the beginning of the race between teammates Milah "don't call me Dorthy" Hammol, and Skippy "the zippy" Roberts. After a two miles of neck and neck up hill, Milah skated away down the hill to improve upon his 3rd place finish in January, and run away with the white hat. The GASR made her trail running debut to round out an impressive showing from team BAYA. Mama TreeBed was there to support and photograph the event.

BTW... These are great events, focused less on "racing", and more on community, beauty of our natural world... and fun. We certainly did all of those things!

2 comments:

ginelle said...

Ahh yes, somehow my nickname just goes with running and my speediness. That didn't seem to help me beat a 9 year old though, I'll get that little guy next time though.

Seriously, it was the most fun race I've ever done. Granted I hate uphill running (especially when it's half the race), but it was beautiful and I loved it. Thanks for getting us involved, Milah. BAYA strikes again!

TreeBed said...

Thats if the 9 year old went the right way ;-)