Sunday, April 23, 2006

Point Reyes Backpacking - Year 3


This weekend BAYA completed its Annual backpack at Point Reyes National Seashore. This year 7 of us ventured out through bog and swamp and up steep hills with laughter and memories of Karate Kid in our heads.


We stayed our first night at Coast Camp and arrived just in time to see the sunset. We were greeted by the omnipresent and brave raccoons. Here are our 4 tents in a green meadow of Coast Camp.


Following our theme, "You're the best around, nothing's ever going to take you down", here is the premier photo of the BAYA Cobra Kai Dojo. This is a definite possibility for our Bay to Breakers theme.


We were graced with excellent weather the whole weekend and with beautiful scenes like this, no matter how steep the uphill, I can't wait to get back out there.

Hope you can join us next year.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

TreeBed said...

Well, I am sad that I missed out... but I guess that will make me appreciate it that much more next year!!! I have already started the count down. Hopefully we will get another trip in sometime soon.

Scientist said...

Kudos to Sweeney for getting a blog posting up so fast...I was mostly trying to relax my sore muscles last night:) Thanks everybody for a great trip.

RCoolMan said...

The pics are awesome! So jealous; wish I was there.